QoS-Aware Elastic Virtual Machine Scheduling
- Explored cloud-based elastic virtual machine scheduling for batch, micro-batch, and stream processing models.
- Saved up to 49% cost compared to a conventional static scheduling technique.
Developed a web-dashboard to monitor offset lags for Kafka for stream processing:
- Researched a new domain-specific programming language PILOTS for spatio-temporal data streaming application to facilitate the development of smarter flight systems.
- Development of PILOTS was inspired by the Air France 447 accident which original cause of the accident was airspeed sensor failures. PILOTS tries to detect data errors by cross-checking multiple data streams and fix them when possible.
- Local news exposures: Troy Record, Albany Times Union.
Demo video of a PILOTS program detecting and correcting the airspeed sensor failure occurred in the Air France 447 accident:
Enhancements to SALSA
- Added experimental new features for the SALSA programming language:
- “netif” option support for theaters to specify which network interface to use.
- Android support
- “extip” option support to enable migration to/from virtual machines on Amazon EC2.
C-Snap with 3D
- Integrated a 3D-system to the C-Snap visual programming environment using three.js.
- This was a summer research project supervised by Professor Eglash and Professor Moorthy.
Interactive Audio/Graphics Generation using Kinect
- Developed a interactive audio/graphics generation system using Microsoft Kinect
- The system makes use of human body positions obtained with Kinect and generates audio and graphics interactively
- Graphics library: GLUT (OpenGL Utility)
- Programming language for audio: Chuck